Closing date: 31 March 2024
Apply at Dublin Bus E-Recruitment Site
Dublin Bus is the largest public transport provider in Ireland. We have over 1,000 buses that need to be cleaned, vacuumed, refuelled and put back on the road almost 24 hours a day. We are looking for people who will maintain our buses safely and efficiently and who will make every effort to ensure our customers have a positive experience of Dublin Bus.
All successful applicants may be required to work, day/night or rotating shifts depending on the staffing requirements of their location and will be required to drive all company vehicles.
Engineering Operative, Engineering Department:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager.
12 Month Fixed-Term Contract (with a view to a permanent contract of employment.
€547.45 per week rising to €613.46 based on an 8 year pay scale with shift premium applicable for night and shift work (up to 30% of basic pay), from January 2024.
Areas of responsibility (but not limited to):
• Shunt buses around yard (cleaning, refuelling, parking etc)
• Battery maintenance, greasing, refuelling, and changing oil on buses
• Cleaning and vacuuming buses and premises (including chassis cleaning)
• Undertaking minor repairs and maintenance tasks on buses
Driving Licence requirements:
• A Valid, Clean Category B Irish Driving Licence - held for a minimum of 2 years, with no endorsements
• A Valid, Clean Full Category D Irish Driving licence, with no endorsements
• Applicants must be over 21 years old (to comply with D licence regulation)
• Applicants must have fluent spoken and written English
• Applicants must be available to work shifts, including nights, weekends, public holidays, and rotating shifts depending on staffing requirements
• An NDLS Driver statement (to request this please contact the NDLS on 0818 700 800).
• Enviable level of job security
• Medical (GP) Scheme
• Excellent Pension Scheme
• Subsidies Travel facilities
How to Apply:
You can apply via the Dublin Bus E-Recruitment Site, click the "Search" button to find the Engineering Operative online application form.
Please make sure to include copies of the front and back of your Driving Licence with your application form, scans or photos will suffice. Please note the online application form must be completed in full with copies of the applicant’s Driving Licence or it will not be processed. Applicants must meet minimum requirements for the role and shortlisting will apply.
If you have any queries on this position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Data Retention and your legal rights:
Applications will be kept for 12 months in line with our Data Retention Policy. To exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018, please email [email protected]
Dublin Bus is an equal opportunities employer.