This information is called a ‘Privacy Notice for Children and Young People’.
We know you might be worried about your privacy and that is why we have written this. We hope that it will help you to understand what we do to protect your privacy.
We are always careful with your information, and we only share it when we have to.
We may use some words that might be new to you, and we have tried to explain them clearly. Please ask your parent or guardian any time you want us to explain words more or give you examples.
This information is set out in 7 parts:
What personal data do we collect and why?
How will we use your personal data?
Who do we share your personal data with?
How long do we keep your personal data?
What are your data protection rights?
How to Contact us
Changes to this notice
You may not remember all of this information, so your parent or guardian will remind you of important bits as you work with us. You can also ask them to go through it with you again, as this will help you understand better and feel more confident.
When you use Dublin Bus we may need certain information about you. This information is called personal data and includes your name, address and date of birth.
We may also need to collect and use more detailed information like the names of your parents or guardians, forms, letters, emails or calls relating to a query you may have.
Sometimes we may need to collect data about you from others. For example, if your parent or guardian raised a query about you with us, we will collect the information they provided.
We also may save some details about how you use our products and services to improve your experience. For example details about what device you use.
We use your personal data to:
- Provide you with products or services.
- Support our products and services.
- Help us better understand your needs and interests.
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes including:
- The National Transport Authority (NTA) as part of our contract of services with them.
- To third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with the website.
- To your parents or guardians.
- To other public authorities and bodies where required or permitted by law, such as the Gardaí or other law enforcement authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime.
We keep personal data:
- for as long as we need to provide our services to you or as long as you use our products
- to comply with the law
- for as long as we have to, as per the guidance given in the contract with the National Transport Authority (NTA).
- for other legitimate reasons.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Be told how we use your information.
- Ask to see the information we hold about you.
- Ask us to change your information you think is wrong.
- Ask us to remove information we hold about you when it’s not needed anymore.
- Ask us to only use your information in certain ways.
- Tell us you don’t want your information to be processed.
You can contact us about any of the above by emailing [email protected]
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
We may occasionally update this notice. When we make updates, we will display the latest date at the bottom of this notice.