Vehicle Body Repairer, Engineering Department
Closing date: 31 December 2023
Reporting to the Engineering Manager.
12 Month Fixed-Term Contract (with a view to a permanent contract of employment).
Starting Salary: Salaries begin at €742.46 per week rising to €882.80 based on an 8 year pay scale.
Shift: Monday to Friday, 08.00hrs to 16.30hrs.
Areas of responsibility (but not limited to):
- Remove and fit panels (bonded and non-bonded).
- Repair panels including filling, sanding, feathering, masking and painting to match original.
- Repair or replace interior components, i.e. seat frame assemblies, lighting, interior panels, flooring etc.
- Repair or replace glass components i.e. windscreens and windows – gasket and bonded.
- Repair vehicle body structure damage due to accident, wear and tear, corrosion etc.
- Diagnose and repair defects (body / electrical / mechanical) in all systems installed in vehicle bodywork including door, ramp, heating / demisting, ventilation, air conditioning, destination / numeral display, wipers, driver’s cab and equipment, lighting (internal and external), passenger information equipment etc.
National Craft Certificate for the trade of Vehicle Body Repairer awarded by SOLAS/Department of Education following the successful completion of a recognised SOLAS apprenticeship.
Advanced Certificate – Craft awarded by FETAC following the successful completion of a recognised SOLAS apprenticeship.
Driving License requirements:
A Valid, Clean Category B Irish Driving License - held for a minimum of 2 years, with no endorsements.
A Valid, Clean Full Category D Irish Driving license, with no endorsements.
- Be over 21 years old (to comply with D license regulation).
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Applicants must be available to work shifts, including nights, weekends, public holidays, and rotating shifts depending on staffing requirements.
- An NDLS Driver statement (to request this please contact the NDLS on 0818 700 800).
- Enviable level of job security.
- Medical (GP) Scheme.
- Excellent Pension Scheme.
- Subsidies Travel facilities.
- Career Development.
How to Apply
Please include a copy of your Certificate in the trade of Vehicle Body Repairer and copies of the front and back of your Driving License with your application form, scans or photos will suffice.
Please note the online application form must be completed in full and submitted with all the above documentation or it will not be processed.