Closing date: 31 December 2023
We are looking for qualified Car and Bus Mechanics to join our Engineering team. As Dublin Bus is the largest public transport provider in Ireland, with a fleet of over 1,000 buses to maintain, our mechanics are at the core of our organisation. They are experienced and passionate, and we want you to join them.
All successful applicants may be required to work, day/night or rotating shifts depending on the staffing requirements of their location and will be required to drive all company vehicles.
Mechanic, Engineering Department
Reporting to the Engineering Manager.
12 Month Fixed-Term Contract (with a view to a permanent contract of employment)
Starting Salary: Salaries begin at €742.46 per week rising to €882.80 based on an 8 year pay scale, with shift premium applicable for night and shift work (up to 30% of basic pay).
Areas of responsibility (but not limited to):
• Vehicle and plant fault diagnosis
• Preventative maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant, and premises
• All tasks associated with the mechanical systems, electrical systems, and body systems of vehicles
• Operate garage equipment
• National Craft Certificate for the trade of Heavy/light Vehicle Mechanic awarded by SOLAS/Department of Education following the successful completion of a recognised SOLAS apprenticeship
• Advanced Certificate – Craft awarded by FETAC following the successful completion of a recognised SOLAS apprenticeship
Driving Licence requirements:
• A Valid, Clean Category B Irish Driving Licence - held for a minimum of 2 years, with no endorsements
• A Valid, Clean Full Category D Irish Driving licence, with no endorsements
• Be over 21 years old (to comply with D licence regulation)
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Applicants must be available to work shifts, including nights, weekends, public holidays, and rotating shifts depending on staffing requirements
• An NDLS Driver statement (to request this please contact the NDLS on 0818 700 800).
• Enviable level of job security
• Medical (GP) Scheme
• Excellent Pension Scheme
• Subsidies Travel facilities
• Career Development
How to Apply
You can apply via the Dublin Bus E-Recruitment Site, click the "Search" button to find the Mechanic online application form. Please include a copy of your Certificate in the trade of Mechanic and copies of the front and back of your driving licence with your application form, scans or photos will suffice.
Please note the online application form must be completed in full and submitted with all the above documentation or it will not be processed.
If you have any queries on this position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. Applicants must meet minimum requirements for the role and shortlisting will apply.
Data Retention and your legal rights: Applications will be kept for 12 months in line with our Data Retention Policy. To exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018, please email [email protected]