Light/Heavy Mechanics – Relocation to Ireland
Closing date: 31 March 2024
Apply at Dublin Bus E-Recruitment Site
Calling all qualified Car and Bus Mechanics to join Dublin Bus’s exciting transition to hybrid and electric vehicles.
Dublin Bus is the largest Public Transport provider in Ireland, our purpose is to deliver high quality public transport services which meet the needs of people, support the economic growth of our city and also meet our social and environmental aspirations which are representative of a progressive European capital city. Dublin Bus is a provider of sustainable mobility solutions. We are committed to the reduction of emissions, congestion and energy usage.
Competitive Salary €39,500 - €46,975 on a 8 year pay scale (from January 2024).
Shift premium (up to 30% of basic pay) where applicable.
Relocation package offered by Dublin Bus – Worth €5,000
- Accommodation subsidised for 3 months.
- English Lessons.
- Flights to Dublin reimbursed.
- Apartment set-up supplies.
- 4-8 weeks technical training.
- Tool allowance - €7.62 per week.
- Annual Safety bonus – €250 (tax free).
- Annual Attendance Bonus - €250 (tax free).
- Training for Bus and Truck licences (€3000).
- Accredited IMI training on hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Annual bus pass and other travel concessions.
- Job security.
- Career development and progression.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Laundry service included for Personal Protective Equipment.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Benefits on Appointment:
- Access to a defined pension scheme.
- Access to a Medical (GP) Scheme – Employee, spouse and children can avail of a GP.
- Access to the CIE Welfare Scheme.
- Access to the Education Support Scheme – Supporting employees to return to part time education.
Qualifications/Requirements to apply for the role:
National Craft Certificate for the trade of Heavy/light Vehicle Mechanic awarded by SOLAS/Department of Education following the successful completion of a recognised SOLAS apprenticeship – Or equivalent to this level 6 qualification, in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
Advanced Certificate – Craft awarded by FETAC following the successful completion of a recognised SOLAS apprenticeship - Or equivalent to this level 6 qualification, in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
A Valid, Clean Category B Irish Driving Licence - held for a minimum of 2 years, with no endorsements.
A Valid, Clean Full Category D Irish Driving licence, with no endorsements.
- Over 21 (to comply with D licence regulation).
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Available to work shifts, including nights, weekends, public holidays, and rotating shifts depending on operational requirements.
How to Apply:
You can apply via the Dublin Bus E-Recruitment Site, click the "Search" button at the bottom of the page, then select the on the ‘Light/Heavy Mechanics - Relocation to Ireland’ vacancy to complete an online application form.
Please include a copy of your Mechanic qualification certificate and a copy front and back of your driving licence with your application form, scans or photos will suffice.
Please note the online application form must be completed in full and submitted with all the above documentation or it will not be processed.
If you are having problems submitting your online application online, please contact [email protected] by email, we will provide you with assistance to submit your application form.
Applicants must hold the above minimum requirements for the role as shortlisting will apply.
Data Retention and your legal rights
Applications will be kept for 12 months in line with our Data Retention Policy. To exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018, please email [email protected].