When it comes to environmental sustainability, we’re happy to report we’re well on our way to achieving our long-term goal of zero emissions by 2050. We have a responsibility to serve the collective communities of this city. We have big ambitions, because we deeply understand our part in creating meaningful and positive change in our city’s environment.
In this section you’ll find a report: Driving Change: Our Journey to Zero, that details our vision for a more environment-positive Dublin, our plans to get to zero emissions, key statistics on our journey so far and our environmental roadmap for the years ahead.
• Driving Change: Our Journey to Zero Executive Summary
• Driving Change: Our Journey to Zero Report
We measure our success by comparing what we do to what we set out to do. Below are the most relevant statistics from the Dublin Bus report: Driving Change: Our Journey to Zero, showing how environmental sustainability is embedded within our organisation and the emphasis we place on empowering the public to act with the environment in mind by using our services.
- We have one the lowest emission fleets in Europe.
- We will cut our carbon footprint in half by 2030.
- One Dublin Bus equals taking 80 cars off the road each day.
- We will be a zero emissions operator by 2050.
- Our modern buses produce 87% less emissions per person than car users.
- Our 3,600 strong team has ended single use plastics at Dublin Bus.
- Seven years to fully electrified depots.
- Three years to our fully electrical route