Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that from Sunday 10th May the following
changes will take place on Routes 40/a/b/c/d.
• Both services extended to serve Charlestown Shopping Centre.
• Both timetables amalgamated to provide even headway between buses.
• No changes to routing except for the extension to Charlestown.
• Northways Industrial Estate will continue to be served by 3 buses in the morning
and evening peak.
• Two buses on Route 40a will extend to serve Toberburr in the evening peak.
• St. Stephen’s Green will no longer be served by Route 40a.
• Both services will be replaced by the new Route 240.
• This service will continue to serve Tyrellstown with some timetable changes.
• New bus priority in Ballycoolin (IDA and Corporate Park Industrial Estates) will
allow a rerouting of the 40d service up to 20:00hrs through these estates.
New Route 240
• The first two departures from Toberburr (06:45hrs and 08:00hrs) will serve the
City Centre with a revised routing via St. Margaret’s Road and McKee Avenue
• Route 240 is a local link service from 09:30hrs serving Cappagh Hospital,
Deanstown, Scribblestown, Finglas and Toberburr.
Please note that Route 140 will continue to operate with its current frequency
between North Finglas and Wilton Terrace via St. Stephen’s Green and O’Connell St